Republic of the Philippines
Province of Laguna
Municipality of Paete
Invitation to Bid for the Improvement of Public Market
- The Municipality of Paete, Laguna, through the Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) of Senator Francis Joseph “Chiz” Guevara Escudero intends to apply the sum of five hundred thousand pesos (P500,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for Project Improvement of Public Market. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
- The Municipality of Paete, Laguna now invites bids for a) Construction of Protective Eaves, b) Catch Basin and Drainage Canals, c) Painting, d) Rehabilitation of Electrical Connection. Completion of the Works is required within seventy-five (75) calendar days. Bidders should have completed, within ten (10) years from the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary pass/fail criterion as specified in the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least seventy five percent (75%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from Municipality of Paete, Laguna and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Monday to Friday).
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders from the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee for the Bidding Documents in the amount of one thousand five hundred pesos only (P1,500.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of the Procuring Entity, provided that bidders shall pay the fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
The Muncipality of Paete, Laguna will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on December 9, 2013 at 10:00 o’clock in the morning at J.V Quesada St., Municipal hall, Municipal Building (Marketplace)Brgy Ibaba Del Sur, Paete, Laguna, which shall be opened to all interested parties who have purchased the Bidding Documents.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before December 9, 2013 at 10:00 am (as based on our Bundy Clock) at Municipal Hall, Paete, Laguna. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause.
Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
The schedule of BAC activities is as follows:
1. Issuance of Bidding Documents
Nov. 27-Dec. 9, 2013
|3. Receipt and Opening of Bids||Dec 9, 2012 @ 10:00 am|
|4. Bid Evaluation||December 12, 2013|
|5. Post-qualification||Dec. 19, 2013|
|6. Notice of Award||Dec. 26, 2013|
|7. Contract Agreement||Dec 31, 2013|
|8. Notice to Proceed||January 6, 2013|
- The Municipality of Paete, Laguna reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information, please refer to:
Engr. NOEL T. VIRAY
Office of the Municipal Engineer
J.V. Quesada St.Municipal Bldg.,Paete, Laguna
Engr. NOEL T. VIRAY
Hon. ROJILYN Q. BAGABALDO
Head of Procuring Entity
 In the case of National Government Agencies, the General Appropriations Act and/or continuing appropriations; in the case of GOCCs, GFIs, and SUCs, the Corporate Budget for the contract approved by the governing Boards; in the case of LGUs, the Budget for the contract approved by the respective Sanggunian. (Section 5(a), R.A. 9184)